The i²c STARTacademy is designed for researchers who want to learn more about options to transfer research results into successful business models. Over the course of three full days, participants will receive guidance in investigating and identifying the potential market, how to derive a viable business model, what to consider in the financing strategy, and how to sell the idea. The aim of the i²c STARTacademy is to provide researchers with the business know-how from experienced national & international mentors, serial entrepreneurs, industry representatives, and investors.
The bootcamp-style workshop comprising of a combination of input sessions, mentoring sessions, and peer-review sessions spans over 3 days, each with a different focus. The coaches and trainers are hand-picked for your research projects and bring their domain-specific know-how to your quest of turning your research into a business, a product or a service
- Gain the inspiration and motivation needed for taking the next steps
- Get familiar with the process of transferring academic research to market and learn what to expect when setting the grounds of a business
- Identify application fields and market opportunities for your research
- Derive a viable business model, market & financial strategy for spinning-off
- Meet and experience mentoring from inter-/national coaches, founders, trainers, and investors
- Develop a market-oriented mindset and skills
- Improve the ability to pitch an idea and to present and communicate your research result to non-experts
- Full access to the vibrant i²c Founder community, Industry and Investor Network
- Get the chance to win the i²c Award, a scholarship granted to PhDs with a high potential research result. It offers PhD graduates an alternative career path and the opportunity to focus on the commercialization of their PhD result with a basic monthly income for 5 months after finishing their contract with TU Wien. This award comes with admittance into the TUW i²ncubator and thus, an office space in the TU Wien Founder Space for 1 year.
Click here for more information.